Research around specific transition pathways has been co-constructed with societal actors, in particular during the yearly Co-creation Forum (28-29 April 2016). Research in the following transition pathways is currently developped with our partners:
- Industrial materials design for the circular economy: specific topic on recycling of batteries for urban electric cars, plus social innovation for car sharing on the model of the city of Paris.
- Renewable energy (biomass): specific topic on electricity from dry biomass in municipalities/cooperatives.
- Sustainable agriculture and local/regional consumer-producer partnerships: project of a sustainable food district in the province (ceinture alimentaire du Brabant-Wallon) and projet of sustainable cereal production in the region around Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve.
- Accompanying aging populations: project of insertion of elderly persons in life communities (intergenerational housing projects around Ottignies).
- Activation of social welfare benefits: accompanying contractualisation of social welfare benefits in context of poverty.
- Transition pathway on sustainability indicators and sustainability accounting in public administrations, social profit and for-profit companies.